As much as agents want to be able to give you notice of showings, it doesn’t always work out that way because sometimes buyers have other plans. We know it’s an inconvenience to drop a bombshell on you so suddenly but it may happen and the LAST thing you want to do is send a possible buyer away because you don’t have your home in showing condition.
How to get your home ready for showings in just 15 minutes :
* Have a designated laundry basket or box that you can quickly run through the home and place anything out of place in the box. Dirty dishes, dirty towels, clothes, shoes, children toys etc. Than take the box with you in the car when you leave home for the showing. Out of site from the buyer.
* Make all the beds in the home.
* Put the toilet seat down! Remove all personal hygiene from the bathrooms. Place them under the sink if you need to or even in your box you take with you.
* Empty garbage cans. You don’t want the smell of trash to be the first thing a buyer notices.
* Turn all lights on in your home. Open all the blinds too. Let in as much natural light as possible. Remember, the buyer is buying space and extra light will make the home feel more spacious.
* If you have time, do a quick run over your floors with the vacuum or broom.
Although getting a last minute showing might be anxiety producing, just think along the lines that it will all be worth it because this could be the buyer that ends up purchasing your home!
If you would like more information on how to sell your home for top dollar, please check out my book; “At Least Put the Toilet Seat Down. Your Guide to Selling Your Home for Top Dollar“. It is also available on Amazon.
For more tips and information on extracting every penny your home is worth, please contact me directly, Laurel Jonas at 480-229-5861
Laurel Jonas 480-229-5861 RealtorLaurelJ@gmail.com